Australian Mining & Exploration Title Services (AMETS – www.amets.com.au) are a tenement management company that has serviced a wide and growing industry base of mining and exploration companies throughout Australia for over 15 years. The AMETS team have a dynamic work scope which focuses on the statutory compliance for exploration and mining projects throughout Australia and achieving and maintaining compliance with relevant statutory obligations.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated Geoservices Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of a variety of technical reports across multiple jurisdictions, in particular, drilling approvals in Victoria and Mine Management Plans within the Northern Territory. The role will also include GIS mapping and data preparation.
The position is offered full time or part time for the suitable candidate and is a work from home position. Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated for the successful candidate.
- Responsible for the preparation of a variety of technical reports across multiple jurisdictions;
- Responsible for the preparation of drilling approvals across multiple jurisdictions, in particular drilling approvals in Victoria and Mine Management Plans in the Northern Territory;
- Ongoing internal and external stakeholder management;
- Liaison and correspondence with clients and government agencies;
- Assistance with the preparation of cartographic needs;
- Data management and interpolation.
Skills and attributes:
- A minimum of a relevant geological degree from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Preference given to candidates with experience in similar roles within the mining and exploration industry;
- Experience in interpreting relevant legislation and departmental processes including HSE compliance knowledge being beneficial to the role;
- Experience with GIS software essential with QGIS highly regarded;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, as well as strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Advanced written and oral English language skills essential;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience, demonstrating the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Database management and accurate record keeping experience essential;
- High competency in Microsoft Office and computer skills;
- A commitment to excellent client service and strong problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and driven along with a readiness to ensure both high quality work and ethical standards are met; and
- Be flexible and the ability to work in an autonomous working environment as well as work effectively in a team.
We can offer you:
- Full training and support
- Equipment necessary to undertake the work
- A salary package based on experience
- A great career path in the Australian mining sector and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing company
- An opportunity to work in an energetic and friendly work environment
How to Apply:
- To apply for this role please supply a one page covering letter describing your interest in the role as well as a detailed CV.
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- Applications close: Close of business Thursday 27th July.
At AMETS, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Dominique Gillespie on 0499 830 547 or via email on [email protected].